Re: Weird XFS WAL problem

От Matthew Wakeling
Тема Re: Weird XFS WAL problem
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Thu, 3 Jun 2010, Craig James wrote:
>> Also, are barriers *on* on the RAID1 mount and off on the RAID10 one?
>
> It was the barriers.  "barrier=1" isn't just a bad idea on ext4, it's a
> disaster.

This worries me a little. Does your array have a battery-backed cache? If
so, then it should be fast regardless of barriers (although barriers may
make a small difference). If it does not, then it is likely that the fast
speed you are seeing with barriers off is unsafe.

There should be no "just missed the sector going past for write" problem
ever with a battery-backed cache.

Matthew

--
 There once was a limerick .sig