Re: New GUC autovacuum_max_threshold ?

От Frédéric Yhuel
Тема Re: New GUC autovacuum_max_threshold ?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

Le 01/05/2024 à 20:50, Robert Haas a écrit :
> Possibly what we need here is
> something other than a cap, where, say, we vacuum a 10GB table twice
> as often as now, a 100GB table four times as often, and a 1TB table
> eight times as often. Or whatever the right answer is.

IMO, it would make more sense. So maybe something like this:

vacthresh = Min(vac_base_thresh + vac_scale_factor * reltuples,
vac_base_thresh + vac_scale_factor * sqrt(reltuples) * 1000);

(it could work to compute a score, too, like in David's proposal)

От: Peter Eisentraut
Сообщение: Re: small documentation fixes related to collations/ICU
От: Michael Paquier
Сообщение: Re: Weird test mixup