Re: Observation with Postgres table size

От Laurenz Albe
Тема Re: Observation with Postgres table size
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Fri, 2024-05-10 at 13:57 +0000, Sabyasachi Mukherjee wrote:
> I am having an issue with the size of a Postgres DB table.
> The table have 17 columns. Out of them 5 jsonb columns. The table had 470000 rows when I checked from DBBeaver it
showedthe table size 34GB. After I deleted many rows from the table - it has currently 27038 rows. But the size of the
tablestill shows 34GB.
> I was expecting the size of the DB table to be reduced.
> I event restarted the PG DB server service.
> I am using Postgres v16 .
> Can any body please advise, how to reduce the size of the table?

VACUUM (FULL) tablename;

Yours,
Laurenz Albe

От: Scott Ribe
Сообщение: Re: Observation with Postgres table size
От: Alessandro Dentella
Сообщение: cloudNativePg bootstrap from dump