Re: pgbackrest with PAF(corosync and pacmaker)

От David Steele
Тема Re: pgbackrest with PAF(corosync and pacmaker)
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 10/17/19 9:48 AM, Ajay Pratap wrote:

> I am using pacemaker and corosync to setup two nodes High availability
> cluster for postgreSQL 10. In the scenario I want to setup timely backup
> with pgbackrest.
> Using the _backup from standby_ feature I could able to take backup from
> my secondary  postgres. But if secondary postgres is down, it does not
> take backup from primary.

This is entirely on purpose.  Backup from standby is designed to reduce
load on the primary so we believe it is counter-intuitive to put load
back on the primary when the standby is down.  Running backups *at all*
when degraded is usually a bad idea.

 > Is there any way to achieve this?

You can run more than one standby and pgBackRest will automatically
select the first one it finds that is up.  If you must take a backup
when degraded then you can specify --no-backup-standby on the command
line to disable standby for that one backup.

Regards,
--
-David
david@pgmasters.net

От: Karsten Hilbert
Сообщение: Re: Has there been any discussion of custom dictionaries beingdefined in the database?
От: Laurenz Albe
Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL memory usage