Re: Underscore in positional parameters?

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: Underscore in positional parameters?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, May 16, 2024 at 08:41:11AM +0200, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> On this specific patch, maybe reword "parameter too large" to "parameter
> number too large".

WFM here.

> Also, I was bemused by the use of atol(), which is notoriously unportable
> (sizeof(long)).  So I poked around and found more places that might need
> fixing.  I'm attaching a patch here with annotations too look at later.

Yeah atoXX calls have been funky in the tree for some time.  This
reminds this thread, somewhat:
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CALAY4q8be6Qw_2J%3DzOp_v1X-zfMBzvVMkAfmMYv%3DUkr%3D2hPcFQ%40mail.gmail.com

The issue is also that there is no "safe" parsing alternative for 64b
integers in the frontend (as you know long is 32b in Windows, which is
why I'd encourage ripping it out as much as we can).  This may be
better as a complementary of strtoint() in src/common/string.c.  Note
as well strtoint64() in pgbench.c.  I think I have a patch lying
around, actually..
--
Michael

Вложения

От: Michael Paquier
Сообщение: Re: Fix src/test/subscription/t/029_on_error.pl test when wal_debug is enabled
От: Jeff Davis
Сообщение: Re: optimizing pg_upgrade's once-in-each-database steps