Re: Fix src/test/subscription/t/029_on_error.pl test when wal_debug is enabled

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: Fix src/test/subscription/t/029_on_error.pl test when wal_debug is enabled
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, May 16, 2024 at 09:00:47AM +0530, Amit Kapila wrote:
> This can only be a problem if the apply worker generates more LOG
> entries with the required context but it won't do that unless there is
> an operation on the publisher to replicate. If we see any such danger
> then I agree this can break on some slow machines but as of now, I
> don't see any such race condition.

Perhaps, still I'm not completely sure if this assumption is going to
always stand for all the possible configurations we support.  So,
rather than coming back to this test again, I would choose to make the
test as stable as possible from the start.  That's what mapping with
the error message would offer when grabbing the LSN from the CONTEXT
part of it, because there's a one-one mapping between the expected
ERROR and its CONTEXT from which the information used by the test is
retrieved.
--
Michael

Вложения

От: "David G. Johnston"
Сообщение: Re: Postgres and --config-file option
От: Michael Paquier
Сообщение: Re: Underscore in positional parameters?