Re: Fix src/test/subscription/t/029_on_error.pl test when wal_debug is enabled

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: Fix src/test/subscription/t/029_on_error.pl test when wal_debug is enabled
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, May 14, 2024 at 10:22:29AM +0000, Ilyasov Ian wrote:
> Hello, hackers!
>
> Recently I've been building postgres with different cflags and cppflags.
> And suddenly on REL_15_STABLE, REL_16_STABLE and master
> I faced a failure of a src/test/subscription/t/029_on_error.pl test when
>       CPPFLAGS="-DWAL_DEBUG"
> and
>       printf "wal_debug = on\n" >> "${TEMP_CONFIG}"
> (or when both publisher and subscriber or only subscriber are run with wal_debug=on)
>
> So I propose a little fix to the test.

Rather than assuming that the last line is the one to check, wouldn't
it be better to grab the data from the CONTEXT line located just after
the ERROR reporting the primary key violation?

A multi-line regexp, grabbing the LSN with more matching context based
on the ERROR and the DETAIL strings generating the CONTEXT we want
seems like a more stable alternative to me than grabbing the last line
of the logs.
--
Michael

Вложения

От: jian he
Сообщение: Re: explain format json, unit for serialize and memory are different.
От: Thomas Munro
Сообщение: Re: Requiring LLVM 14+ in PostgreSQL 18