Re: explain format json, unit for serialize and memory are different.

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: explain format json, unit for serialize and memory are different.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, May 15, 2024 at 02:01:21AM +1200, David Rowley wrote:
> Yeah, I missed that. Here's another patch.
>
> Thanks for looking.

Thanks for bringing in a patch that makes the whole picture more
consistent across the board.  When it comes to MEMORY, I can get
behind your suggestion to use kB and call it a day, while SERIALIZE
would apply the same conversion at 1023b.

It would be nice to document the units implied in the non-text
formats, rather than have the users guess what these are.

Perhaps Alvaro and Tom would like to chime in, as committers of
respectively 5de890e3610d and 06286709ee06?
--
Michael

Вложения

От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: First draft of PG 17 release notes
От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: First draft of PG 17 release notes