Re: First draft of PG 17 release notes

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: First draft of PG 17 release notes
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sat, May 11, 2024 at 03:32:55PM -0400, Andrew Dunstan wrote:

> On 2024-05-09 Th 00:03, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> > I have committed the first draft of the PG 17 release notes;  you can
> > see the results here:
> >
> >     https://momjian.us/pgsql_docs/release-17.html
> >
> > It will be improved until the final release.  The item count is 188,
> > which is similar to recent releases:
> >
> >     release-10:  189
> >     release-11:  170
> >     release-12:  180
> >     release-13:  178
> >     release-14:  220
> >     release-15:  184
> >     release-16:  206
> >     release-17:  188
> >
> > I welcome feedback.  For some reason it was an easier job than usual.
>

> I don't like blowing my own horn but I feel commit 3311ea86ed "Introduce a
> non-recursive JSON parser" should be in the release notes. This isn't
> something that's purely internal, but it could be used by an extension or a
> client program to parse JSON documents that are too large to handle with the
> existing API.
>
> Maybe "Introduce an incremental JSON parser" would have been a better
> headline.

Well, this gets into a level of detail that is beyond the average
reader.  I think at that level people will need to read the git logs or
review the code.  Do we use it for anything yet?

It could be put in the source code section but I try to only have
user-visible stuff there.

От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: First draft of PG 17 release notes
От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: First draft of PG 17 release notes