Re: First draft of PG 17 release notes

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: First draft of PG 17 release notes
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, May  9, 2024 at 12:10:11PM -0400, Andrew Dunstan wrote:

> On 2024-05-09 Th 00:03, Bruce Momjian wrote:
>
>     I have committed the first draft of the PG 17 release notes;  you can
>     see the results here:
>
>             https://momjian.us/pgsql_docs/release-17.html
>
>     It will be improved until the final release.  The item count is 188,
>     which is similar to recent releases:
>
>             release-10:  189
>             release-11:  170
>             release-12:  180
>             release-13:  178
>             release-14:  220
>             release-15:  184
>             release-16:  206
>             release-17:  188
>
>     I welcome feedback.  For some reason it was an easier job than usual.
>

>   • Remove the ability to build Postgres with Visual Studio (Michael Paquier)
>
>     Meson is now the only available Windows build method.
>

> This is a category mistake. What was removed was the special code we had for
> building with VS, but not the ability to build with VS. You can build with VS
> using meson (see for example drongo on the buildfarm)

Wow, okay, I am not surprised I was confused.  New text is:

    <!--
    Author: Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz>
    2023-12-20 [1301c80b2] Remove MSVC scripts
    -->

    <listitem>
    <para>
    Remove the Microsoft Visual Studio Studio-specific Postgres build option (Michael Paquier)
    </para>

    <para>
    Meson is now the only method for Visual Studio builds.
    </para>
    </listitem>
    <!--

От: Robert Haas
Сообщение: Re: CREATE DATABASE with filesystem cloning
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Is there an undocumented Syntax Check in Meson?