Re: Cutting support for OpenSSL 1.0.1 and 1.0.2 in 17~?

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: Cutting support for OpenSSL 1.0.1 and 1.0.2 in 17~?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, May 03, 2024 at 10:39:15AM +0200, Daniel Gustafsson wrote:
> They are no-ops when linking against v18, but writing an extension which
> targets all supported versions of postgres along with their respective
> supported OpenSSL versions make them still required, or am I missing something?

Yeah, that depends on how much version you expect your application to
work on.  Still it seems to me that there's value in mentioning that
if your application does not care about anything older than OpenSSL
1.1.0, like PG 18 assuming that this patch is merged, then these calls
are pointless for HEAD.  The routine definitions would be around only
for the .so compatibility.
--
Michael

Вложения

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: WHERE CURRENT OF with RLS quals that are ctid conditions
От: Michael Paquier
Сообщение: Re: Weird test mixup