Re: pgsql: Fix potential stack overflow in incremental backup.

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: pgsql: Fix potential stack overflow in incremental backup.
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
Hi Thomas,

On Thu, Apr 11, 2024 at 01:53:24AM +0000, Thomas Munro wrote:
> Fix potential stack overflow in incremental backup.
>
> The user can set RELSEG_SIZE to a high number at compile time, so we
> can't use it to control the size of an array on the stack: it could be
> many gigabytes in size.  On closer inspection, we don't really need that
> intermediate array anyway.  Let's just write directly into the output
> array, and then perform the absolute->relative adjustment in place.
> This fixes new code from commit dc212340058.

+ * file just as if this were not an incremental backup.  The contents of the
+ * relative_block_numbers array is unspecified in this case.

Perhaps you mean s/is/are/ here?  The contents are what's not
specified.
--
Michael

Вложения

От: Thomas Munro
Сообщение: pgsql: Fix potential stack overflow in incremental backup.
От: Thomas Munro
Сообщение: pgsql: Fix grammar.