Re: Printing backtrace of postgres processes

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: Printing backtrace of postgres processes
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Feb 23, 2024 at 04:39:47PM +0100, Christoph Berg wrote:
> I'd be concerned about the cost of doing that as part of the startup
> of every single backend process. Shouldn't this rather be done within
> the postmaster so it's automatically inherited by forked backends?
> (EXEC_BACKEND systems probably don't have libgcc I guess.)

Something like this can be measured with a bunch of concurrent
connections attempting connections and a very high rate, like pgbench
with an empty script and -C, for local connections.
--
Michael

Вложения

От: Julien Rouhaud
Сообщение: Re: RangeTblEntry jumble omissions
От: Michael Paquier
Сообщение: Re: Add lookup table for replication slot invalidation causes