От Bertrand Drouvot
Тема Re: Synchronizing slots from primary to standby
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On Sat, Jan 13, 2024 at 10:05:52AM +0530, Amit Kapila wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 12, 2024 at 12:07 PM Bertrand Drouvot
> <bertranddrouvot.pg@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Maybe the "best" approach would be to have a way to detect that a slot has been
> > re-created on the primary (but that would mean rely on more than the slot name
> > to "identify" a slot and probably add a new member to the struct to do so).
> >

> Right, I also thought so but not sure further complicating the slot
> machinery is worth detecting this case explicitly. If we see any
> problem with the idea discussed then we may need to think something
> along those lines.

Yeah, let's see. On one side that would require extra work but on the other side
that would also probably simplify (and less bug prone in the mid-long term?)
other parts of the code.

Regards,

--
Bertrand Drouvot
PostgreSQL Contributors Team

От: "Hayato Kuroda (Fujitsu)"
Сообщение: RE: Documentation to upgrade logical replication cluster
От: Daniel Gustafsson
Сообщение: Re: On login trigger: take three