Re: pg_tablespace_location() failure with allow_in_place_tablespaces

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: pg_tablespace_location() failure with allow_in_place_tablespaces
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Mar 17, 2022 at 04:34:30PM +1300, Thomas Munro wrote:
> I think what Horiguchi-san was pointing out above is that you need to
> enable the GUC *and* say LOCATION '', which the new paragraph doesn't
> capture.  What do you think about this:
>
> A path relative to the data directory is returned for in-place
> tablespaces (see <xref ...>).

An issue I have with this wording is that we give nowhere in the docs
an explanation of about the term "in-place tablespace", even if it can
be guessed from the name of the GUC.

Another idea would be something like that:
"A relative path to the data directory is returned for tablespaces
created with an empty location string specified in the CREATE
TABLESPACE query when allow_in_place_tablespaces is enabled (see link
blah)."

But perhaps that's just me being overly pedantic :p
--
Michael

Вложения

От: Amit Kapila
От: Peter Eisentraut
Сообщение: Re: Unhyphenation of crash-recovery