Re: Assert in pageinspect with NULL pages

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: Assert in pageinspect with NULL pages
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Mar 24, 2022 at 08:54:14PM -0700, Peter Geoghegan wrote:
> amcheck's palloc_btree_page() function validates that an 8KiB page is
> in fact an nbtree page, in a maximally paranoid way. Might be an
> example worth following here.

Sure, we could do that.  However, I don't think that going down to
that is something we have any need for in pageinspect, as the module
is also useful to look at the contents of the full page, even if
slightly corrupted, and too many checks would prevent a lookup at the
internal contents of a page.
--
Michael

Вложения

От: Andres Freund
Сообщение: Re: Corruption during WAL replay
От: Greg Stark
Сообщение: Re: CREATE INDEX CONCURRENTLY on partitioned index