Re: Move pg_attribute.attcompression to earlier in struct for reduced size?

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: Move pg_attribute.attcompression to earlier in struct for reduced size?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, May 26, 2021 at 11:34:53PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> So maybe we should just dump the promise that VACUUM FULL will recompress
> everything?  I'd be in favor of that actually, because it seems 100%
> outside the charter of either VACUUM FULL or CLUSTER.

Hmm.  You are right that by default this may not be worth the extra
cost.  We could make that easily an option, though, for users ready to
accept this cost.  And that could be handy when it comes to a
database-wise VACUUM.
--
Michael

Вложения

От: Amit Kapila
Сообщение: Re: Decoding speculative insert with toast leaks memory
От: Dilip Kumar
Сообщение: Re: Decoding speculative insert with toast leaks memory