Re: Performance degradation of REFRESH MATERIALIZED VIEW

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: Performance degradation of REFRESH MATERIALIZED VIEW
Дата
Re: Performance degradation of REFRESH MATERIALIZED VIEW
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, May 05, 2021 at 03:04:53PM +0200, Tomas Vondra wrote:
> Thanks, that looks promising. I repeated the tests I did on 26/4, and the
> results look like this:
>
> old (0c7d3bb99): 497ms
> master:          621ms
> patched:         531ms
>
> So yeah, that's a bit improvement - it does not remove the regression
> entirely, but +5% is much better than +25%.

Hmm.  Is that really something we should do after feature freeze?  A
25% degradation for matview refresh may be a problem for a lot of
users and could be an upgrade stopper.  Another thing we could do is
also to revert 7db0cd2 and 39b66a9 from the v14 tree, and work on a
proper solution for this performance problem for matviews for 15~.

Thoughts?
--
Michael

Вложения

От: Julien Rouhaud
Сообщение: Re: compute_query_id and pg_stat_statements
От: Magnus Hagander
Сообщение: Re: compute_query_id and pg_stat_statements