Re: fix typo in reorderbuffer.c

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: fix typo in reorderbuffer.c
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Jan 27, 2021 at 07:15:41AM +0000, Hou, Zhijie wrote:
> I agree that it’s better to have a common way, but some different
> style of combocid follow the variable or functionname[1].
> We may need to change the var name or function name too.
>
> [1]:
> void
> SerializeComboCIDState(Size maxsize, char *start_address)
>
> static int    usedComboCids = 0;    /* number of elements in comboCids */

Yes, the context matters a lot.  In the case you are quoting, it makes
sense to refer to the name of the variable in the comment.  If the
term is used in a comment with a more generic purpose, we should then
use a generic term.

> Personally , I prefer "combocids".
> But do you think we can change that in a separate patch apart from this typo patch ?

What about "Combo CID(s)", for Combo command ID?  README.parallel uses
this term for example.
--
Michael

Вложения

От: Michael Paquier
Сообщение: Re: Typo in tablesync comment
От: japin