Re: recovery modules

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: recovery modules
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Jan 17, 2023 at 10:23:56AM -0800, Nathan Bossart wrote:
> Yeah, this seems cleaner.  I removed BuildRestoreCommand() in v8.

        if (*sp == *lp)
        {
-           if (val)
-           {
-               appendStringInfoString(&result, val);
-               found = true;
-           }
-           /* If val is NULL, we will report an error. */
+           appendStringInfoString(&result, val);
+           found = true;

In 0002, this code block has been removed as an effect of the removal
of BuildRestoreCommand(), because RestoreArchivedFile() needs to
handle two flags with two values.  The current design has the
advantage to warn extension developers with an unexpected
manipulation, as well, so I have kept the logic in percentrepl.c
as-is.

I was wondering also if ExecuteRecoveryCommand() should use a bits32
for its two boolean flags, but did not bother as it is static in
shell_restore.c so ABI does not matter, even if there are three
callers of it with 75% of the combinations possible (only false/true
is not used).

And 0002 is applied.
--
Michael

Вложения

От: David Rowley
Сообщение: Re: Removing redundant grouping columns
От: Amit Kapila
Сообщение: Re: Perform streaming logical transactions by background workers and parallel apply