Re: Q: error on updating collation version information

От Karsten Hilbert
Тема Re: Q: error on updating collation version information
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Am Sun, Dec 04, 2022 at 10:09:47AM -0800 schrieb Adrian Klaver:

> >>following an ICU upgrade, collations in a stock Debian PG 15.1
> >>cluster now have divergent version information in pg_collations.
> >
> >Correction: this is following a libc upgrade 2.35 -> 2.36
>
> So to be clear this database is not using ICU, but collations from libc?

Sorry for the confusion.

This database carries collations from _both_ libc and ICU in
pg_collations.

The collation in question (br_FR@euro) is _not_ in use (as in
being depended on by any in-database object).

> How was the database installed?

stock Debian

    apt-get install postgresql-15  (which gives 15.1)

followed by

    CREATE DATABASE "gnumed_v22" with owner = "redacted :-)" template = "template1" encoding = 'unicode';

as "postgres".

> In first post you had:
>
> gnumed_v22=> select *, pg_encoding_to_char(collencoding) from pg_collation where
> collname = 'br_FR@euro';
>     -[ RECORD 1 ]-------+-----------
>     oid                 | 12413
>     collname            | br_FR@euro
>     collnamespace       | 11
>     collowner           | 10
>     collprovider        | c
>     collisdeterministic | t
>     collencoding        | 16
>     collcollate         | br_FR@euro
>     collctype           | br_FR@euro
>     colliculocale       |
>     collversion         | 2.35
>     pg_encoding_to_char | LATIN9
>
> where collprovider c means libc and collversion 2.35.

Yeah, that's when I figured that I misspoke about the ICU upgrade.

Yes, there was an ICU upgrade, and yes, it did affect
collations. Those I was able to fix up (the "reindex /
revalidate constraint / refresh collation version" dance).

There also was a libc upgrade which also affected locales.
Most of them were fixable by that dance but some popped up
(such as br_FR@euro) to not be "correctable" showing the
"does not exist for encoding" error.

Karsten
--
GPG  40BE 5B0E C98E 1713 AFA6  5BC0 3BEA AC80 7D4F C89B

От: Arlo Louis O'Keeffe
Сообщение: Re: delete statement returning too many results
От: Karsten Hilbert
Сообщение: Re: Stored procedure code no longer stored in v14 and v15, changed behaviour