RE: pg_ctl start may return 0 even if the postmaster has been already started on Windows

От Hayato Kuroda (Fujitsu)
Тема RE: pg_ctl start may return 0 even if the postmaster has been already started on Windows
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Dear Horiguchi-san,

Thank you for making a patch! They can pass ci.
I'm still not sure what should be, but I can respond a part.

> Another issue is.. that I haven't been able to cause the false
> positive of pg_ctl start..  Do you have a concise reproducer of the
> issue?

I found a short sleep in pg_ctl/t/001_start_stop.pl. This was introduced in
6bcce2580 to ensure waiting more than 2 seconds. I've tested on my CI and
found that removing the sleep can trigger the failure. Also, I confirmed your patch
fixes the problem. PSA the small patch for cfbot. 0001 and 0002 were not changed.

Best Regards,
Hayato Kuroda
FUJITSU LIMITED

Вложения

От: Daniel Gustafsson
Сообщение: Re: Refactor ssl tests to avoid using internal PostgreSQL::Test::Cluster methods
От: "Drouvot, Bertrand"