Re: WAL replay logic (was Re: [PERFORM] Mount options f

От Curt Sampson
Тема Re: WAL replay logic (was Re: [PERFORM] Mount options f
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, 18 Feb 2003, Mikheev, Vadim wrote:

> > > So if you do this, do you still need to store that information in
> > > pg_control at all?
>
> Yes: to "speeds up the recovery process".

If it's going to slow down the performance of my database when not doing
recovery (because I have to write two files for every transaction,
rather than one), I couldn't care less about speeding up the recovery
process.

As far as Bruce's question goes, what kind of corruption can happen to
the log files? We write a full block at a time, I guess, so it might
make sense to checksum it to verify that the block was not partially
written.

cjs
--
Curt Sampson  <cjs@cynic.net>   +81 90 7737 2974   http://www.netbsd.org   Don't you know, in this new Dark Age, we're
alllight.  --XTC

От: mlw
Сообщение: The last configuration file patch (I hope!) This one does it all.
От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: location of the configuration files