Re: Best practice for: ERROR: invalid byte sequence for encoding "UTF8"

От Ben
Тема Re: Best practice for: ERROR: invalid byte sequence for encoding "UTF8"
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, 16 Aug 2007, Phoenix Kiula wrote:

> I am not advocating what others should do. But I know what I need my
> DB to do. If I want it to store data that does not match puritanical
> standards of textual storage, then it should allow me to...

It does allow that: store it as a BLOB, and then treat it as text in your
app.

Me personally, if I expect something to be text, I expect it to be valid
text.

От: "Scott Marlowe"
Сообщение: Re: pg_dump on local Windows, pg_restore on Linux?
От: "Scott Marlowe"
Сообщение: Re: User-Friendly TimeZone List