Re: ext3

От Rich Shepard
Тема Re: ext3
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, 18 Jan 2005, David Garamond wrote:

> So what is the recommended fs under Linux? I don't need the best
> speed/throughput, but I prefer not to use ext2 due to long fsck time. I
> also tend to avoid reiser3, it has given us many griefs in the past. XFS?

dave,

   I have no large databases here, but I run reiserfs on must systems and
ext3 on my notebook. Over the past couple of years I've had no problems with
either. I've read of folks who don't like one or the other, but locally I
know of no one who's experienced any negative situations with either.

Rich

--
Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)