Re: Why is lc_messages restricted?

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: Why is lc_messages restricted?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane writes:

> Is there a reason why lc_messages is PGC_SUSET, and not PGC_USERSET?
> I can't see any security rationale for restricting it.

The language on the frontend is the same as the one used for the server
log, so a user could effectively "encrypt" his part of the server log for
the administrator.  Doesn't seem very nice.

Also, gettext doesn't really allow you to change the language at run time
anyway, so the PGC_SUSET is a good-luck option for testing.

--
Peter Eisentraut   peter_e@gmx.net

От: Peter Eisentraut
Сообщение: Re: Status report: regex replacement
От: Peter Eisentraut
Сообщение: Re: pg_dump is broken by recent privileges changes