Re: I am being interviewed by OReilly

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: I am being interviewed by OReilly
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Lamar Owen dijo:

> On Wednesday 10 July 2002 09:26 pm, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> > (I personally voted for 'tigres' at the time we chose PostgreSQL.)
>
> As in the river?

I don't think so.  The river is actually called "Tigris" (that's the
spanish version, and the version that generates more results in Google,
althought I admit that the english transliteration may be different).

Tigres is the spanish plural for "tiger", and of course it keeps the
play on "-gres" while suggesting some kind of power (and speed?).  But I
think Bruce should be actually better informed than me as to what was
the origin of the word suggestion in the first place.

www.google.com: interfaz de linea de comando para la web.

От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: Jan's Name (Was: Re: I am being interviewed by OReilly)
От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: Jan's Name (Was: Re: I am being interviewed by OReilly)