Re: Subject: bool / vacuum full bug followup

От Holger Marzen
Тема Re: Subject: bool / vacuum full bug followup
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, 2 May 2002, Scott Marlowe wrote:

> And after that, the table started growing after all vacuum fulls.  I can't
> reproduce it now.  I blew away the table, recreated it, and now it doesn't
> do that.  I blew away the database, and installed 7.2.1 and it won't do
> it.  I reinstalled 7.2 and blew away the database and it still won't do
> it.
>
> So, I don't know why it WAS doing it, but it isn't now.  And of course,
> it's my personal workstation, so no log files.  :-(  I'll see if I can
> reproduce this though, as I've seen similar problems pop up once in the
> past with a seldom vacuumed database that reached a point where it stopped
> freeing dead tuples.  Very bothersome.

Looks like something that happens only if counters or OIDs are big.
Possible integer overflow in the vacuum code?

--
PGP/GPG Key-ID:
http://blackhole.pca.dfn.de:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xB5A1AFE1

От: Alejandro Fernandez
Сообщение: Re: making a trigger to a system call to a shell script
От: "Dorward Villaruz"
Сообщение: ...