Re: Suggestions please: names for function cachabilityattributes

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: Suggestions please: names for function cachabilityattributes
Дата
Re: Suggestions please: names for function cachabilityattributes  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
mlw writes:

> A function, such as sin(x) could be considered constant for the result based on
> value 'x'

It could also be considered deterministic, strict, cacheable,
mathematically sensible, real, pleasant, or good. ;-)

Out of those, I believe "const" is the worst term, because saying "sin(x)
is a constant function" sounds pretty wrong.

--
Peter Eisentraut   peter_e@gmx.net

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Suggestions please: names for function cachability
От: Justin Clift
Сообщение: Re: ANALYZE after restore