Re: ODBC, ssl, problems with.

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: ODBC, ssl, problems with.
Дата
Список pgsql-general

http://www.de.postgresql.org/users-lounge/docs/7.1/postgres/odbc.html

>  I am seeking SSL enabled driver for postgres

I don't think that exists.

>  what is row versioning?
> It adds 'xmin' column to all my tables, and then Access becomes unable to
> modify 'row versioned' tables because postgres complains about
> incompatibility between 'xid' and 'int4' types. (xmin presumably being xid
> type ).

The xmin column does exist in all PostgreSQL tables.  Presumably this
option merely makes it show.  I don't think this is useful for general
use.

>  Show oid shows oids, but what are they usefull for?

If you don't use them then they're not useful for you.

> Show oids option is also dangerous because it adds column
> before not after any columns, thus forcing changes to application
> expecting something at given column.

If your application is coded like that then you should evidently not use
the show oids option.

От: Gunnar Rønning
Сообщение: Re: [JDBC] The bytea datatype and JDBC
От: Dariusz Pietrzak
Сообщение: Re: ODBC, ssl, problems with.