Re: Backup from within Postgres

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: Backup from within Postgres
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Online -- Goa writes:

>         I have a Win32 application that uses ODBC to connect to the Postgres (ver
> 6.5) on RedHat Linux dbase. I have been able to connect and perform a lot
> of SQL statements, etc. However I am unable to perform the backup of the
> dbase. I need to backup up the database from within this application.

Then you need to ask the author of that application to add this
functionality.  If this is your own application, then you will have to
duplicate a lot of pg_dump's code in it, which will probably be a rather
large project.

От: The Hermit Hacker
Сообщение: beta5 ...
От: Peter Eisentraut
Сообщение: age() function not to spec, date subtraction?