Re: Upcoming PostgreSQL seminars

От Joel Burton
Тема Re: Upcoming PostgreSQL seminars
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, 10 May 2001 newsreader@mediaone.net wrote:

> On Thu, May 10, 2001 at 09:51:56PM -0400, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> >

> > You can get more information at:
> >
> >     http://www.greatbridge.com/gb?seminar
>
> The kind of seminar I'm interested is like a short course
> in "how to optimize the database/queries etc" to
> an audience with a good technical background but
> without formal training in database design/theories etc.
> Sort of like one day classes they give at usenix
> conferences...  Come to think of it someone
> from the core developers of postgres should give
> such classes at one of the usenix conferences.  Mind
> you I've never been to any of those conferences.
> But it's very tantalizing to me especially I can
> get a student discount.

The organization I work for is conveniently located in Washington, DC USA,
one block from a Metro stop, and has both a conventional training room,
and a computer training lab. Our lab is networked, on the Internet, and
has a dual boot Linux/Win98 install.

If anyone would be willing to teach a class about PostgreSQL, but needs
space to do so, I'd be happy to offer space.

Just let me know first. :-)

--
Joel Burton   <jburton@scw.org>