Re: Re: Sure enough, the lock file is gone

От Dominic J. Eidson
Тема Re: Re: Sure enough, the lock file is gone
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, 29 Jan 2001, Oliver Elphick wrote:

> It seems to me that the main reason for the problem is the need to
> cater for non-root installs.  I would really like to know what

PostgreSQL will _not_ run as root. Just try... :)

morannon:~>/usr/local/pgsql/bin/postmaster

"root" execution of the PostgreSQL backend is not permitted.

The backend must be started under its own userid to prevent
a possible system security compromise. See the INSTALL file for
more information on how to properly start the postmaster.

morannon:~>

> proportion of total PostgreSQL installs they now are.  We are

100%

> Are there still people who can only install PostgreSQL as a private
> application?

Private application - or non-root application?

--
Dominic J. Eidson                                       "Baruk Khazad! Khazad ai-menu!" - Gimli
http://www.the-infinite.org/              http://www.the-infinite.org/~dominic/

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Re: Sure enough, the lock file is gone
От: "Oliver Elphick"
Сообщение: Can PyGreSQL be updated?