Re: Installation layout is still hazardous for shared prefixes

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: Installation layout is still hazardous for shared prefixes
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
I wrote:

> My proposal is to set includedir=${prefix}/include/postgresql (instead of
> ${prefix}/include) in such cases where the prefix is shared, i.e., it does
> not contain something like "pgsql" already. (precise pattern t.b.d.)

I think that most people agreed to this step, or at least no one
explicitly disagreed.  Could we move ahead with this?

The default prefix will stay at /usr/local/pgsql so if you are concerned
about createuser, etc. clashing, you don't have to use it.  The decision
about sbin or no sbin can be considered separately.