RE: [HACKERS] Open 6.5 items

От Ole Gjerde
Тема RE: [HACKERS] Open 6.5 items
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, 2 Jun 1999, Hiroshi Inoue wrote:
> I made a patch on trial.
> 1)  Useless segments are never removed by my implementation
>      because I call FileTruncate() instead of File(Name)Unlink().
> I'm not sure that this patch has no problem.
> Please check and comment on my patch.

I have tried it, and it seems to work.

> As Ole Gjerde mentioned,current implementation by his old
> patch is not right.  His new patch seems right if vacuum is
> executed alone.

Yes, my first patch was horribly wrong :)
The second one, as you mention, only works right if no reading or writing
is going on.

I'll talk more about the new patch in later emails.

Ole Gjerde

От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: %% and LIKE
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Re: [COMMITTERS] 'pgsql/src/backend/parser gram.y'