Re: [GENERAL] COPY with default values won't work?

От Brett W. McCoy
Тема Re: [GENERAL] COPY with default values won't work?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Wed, 24 Mar 1999, Charles Tassell wrote:

> @#$#!!  Any way to make COPY use default, or shove a lot of data in with a
> single INSERT query?  According to older messages in the mailing list, it
> is *possible*, but I can't get it to work.
>
> My problem is that I might be using this to put a few thousand entries in
> the db every night, and when I last attempted this using a few thousand
> insert statements, it was awfully slow (on the order of taking HOURS)

You could write a perl script to read the data column by column frm the
text file and insert it into the databse using the Pg module.

Brett W. McCoy
                                        http://www.lan2wan.com/~bmccoy/
Quantum Mechanics is God's version of "Trust me."

От: Matthew Hixson
Сообщение: PAM module for Postgres?
От: Herouth Maoz
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] COPY with default values won't work?