Re: [GENERAL] Selecting between dates

От Simon Drabble
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Selecting between dates
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, 10 Aug 1999, Wim Kerkhoff wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am creating a script that sends out reminders to subscribers to a site who
> have not paid.  I can't figure out the math that will add 7 days to a date.
>
> I want something like this:
>
> select * from company where created
> is between (lastpaid + 14 days) and (created + 28 days);
>
> I can't figure out the syntax that will let me add days to a date.  I checked
> the archives and the Postgresql doc's, but nothing.
>
> Ideas?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Wim Kerkhoff.

Use the ::reltime specifier, e.g.

select * from company
  WHERE created > (lastpaid + ('14 days'::reltime))::datetime
  AND created < (lastpaid + ('28 days'::reltime))::datetime;

Although I suspect you need "- ('14 days'..." if you are talking about the
past.

The date functions are documented very well in the postgres docs, specifically
the user section.

Simon.

--
 "Don't anthropomorphise computers - they don't like it."

   Simon Drabble                      It's like karma for your brain.
   simon@eskimo.com

От: Mike Mascari
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] anomalous, persistent high loads with postgresql 6.5.1
От: Wim Kerkhoff
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] Selecting between dates