Re: [ANNC][RFC] crypto hashes for PostgreSQL 7.0, 7.1

От Karel Zak
Тема Re: [ANNC][RFC] crypto hashes for PostgreSQL 7.0, 7.1
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, 19 Oct 2000, Marko Kreen wrote:

>   http://www.l-t.ee/marko/pgsql/pgcrypto-0.1.tar.gz    (11k)
>
> Here is a implementation of crypto hashes for PostgreSQL.

> It can be linked with various libraries:
>
>   standalone:
>         MD5, SHA1
>
>         (the code is from KAME project.  Actually I hate code
>         duplication, but I also want to quarantee that MD5 and
>         SHA1 exist)
>
>   mhash (0.8.1):
>         MD5, SHA1, CRC32, CRC32B, GOST, TIGER, RIPEMD160,
>         HAVAL(256,224,192,160,128)
>
>   openssl:
>         MD5, SHA1, RIPEMD160, MD2
>
>   kerberos5 (heimdal):
>         MD5, SHA1

If it's really allows use all this hash methods, it's firts complex
module for PG. And if this module *not-contains* some for law problematic
crypto code, but call only some standard libs (like SSL) it is cool! But
your license?
I vote for include this into PG's contrib... :-)
                    Karel

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: make depend (Re: Coming attractions: VPATH build; make variables issue)
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: [ANNC][RFC] crypto hashes for PostgreSQL 7.0, 7.1