Re: record-based log shipping

От Greg Smith
Тема Re: record-based log shipping
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Fri, 7 Dec 2007, Alex Vinogradovs wrote:

> The documents highlights possible problems with _SQL_ query intercepts.
> I am talking about the actual tuples... i.e. row data rather than the
> SQL requests.

The first two issues that come to mind are how to deal with a) deletions,
and b) changes to DDL (table creation etc.).  Forwarding SQL handles those
but I'm not sure how your suggested scheme would.  You should certainly
look at what went into the design of both the existing WAL replication and
tools like Slony to get an idea the full scale of challenges here.

От: "Mason Hale"
Сообщение: partitioned table query question
От: Alex Vinogradovs
Сообщение: Re: record-based log shipping