Re: Case Studies for PostgresSQL

От Jeff MacDonald
Тема Re: Case Studies for PostgresSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-general
and there are  2 592 000
seconds in a month.. that's a little over

that's 1.728 seconds per query..

short answer .. postgres can do it, it depends
on the machine

jeff

On Mon, 25 Sep 2000, ian wrote:

> Hello People,
>
> I want to evaluate some of the open source database to use in my billing
> system of Telecommunication Company. Can somebody point me a Case Studies in
> PostgreSQL?.
> Can PostgreSQL really handle this kind of sytem? Im using Linux Box in my
> server. There will be 500,000 average inserts in a month and 1,000,000 query every month . My tentative
> choice are Interbase 6.0 or PostgreSQL 7. Please give me insight with this
> one.
>

> Ian

Jeff MacDonald,

PostgreSQL Inc        | Hub.Org Networking Services
jeff@pgsql.com        | jeff@hub.org
www.pgsql.com        | www.hub.org
1-902-542-0713        | 1-902-542-3657
Fascimile : 1 902 542 5386
IRC Nick  : bignose

От: Ben Leslie
Сообщение: Re: Poor performance in EXCEPT?
От: Philip Warner
Сообщение: Re: Case Studies for PostgresSQL