Re: [7.0.2] problems with spinlock under FreeBSD?

От The Hermit Hacker
Тема Re: [7.0.2] problems with spinlock under FreeBSD?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, 24 Aug 2000, Vince Vielhaber wrote:

> On Wed, 23 Aug 2000, The Hermit Hacker wrote:
>

> > We had a crash this morning of our server ... not the machine, just the
> > postmaster processes ... all three of them spread across three seperate
> > ports ...
> >
> > Just looking through logs now, I'm finding:
>
> [snip]
>

> > looking in /var/log/messages, I'm seeing the following just before the
> > crashes:
> >
> > Aug 23 12:33:47 pgsql syslogd: /dev/console: Too many open files in system: Too many open files in system
> > Aug 23 12:33:47 pgsql syslogd: /var/run/utmp: Too many open files in system
> > Aug 23 12:33:47 pgsql /kernel: file: table is full
> >
> > would this be the cause?  if so, I have to raise some limits, no problem
> > there, but just want to confirm ...
>
> What's maxusers set to in the kernel?  If you want to try raising it on

maxusers        128

> the fly, try
>
> # sysctl -w kern.maxfiles=abiggernumberthanitisnow
>
> and set it to a bigger number than it is now.
>
> # sysctl kern.maxfiles

just up'd her to 8192 from 4136 ... thanks, forgot about the sysctl value
for this, was dreading having to recompile :(

От: The Hermit Hacker
Сообщение: Re: AW: How Do You Pronounce "PostgreSQL"?
От: The Hermit Hacker
Сообщение: Re: [7.0.2] problems with spinlock under FreeBSD?