Re: How Do You Pronounce "PostgreSQL"?

От The Hermit Hacker
Тема Re: How Do You Pronounce "PostgreSQL"?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, 21 Aug 2000, Jan Wieck wrote:

> The Hermit Hacker wrote:
> >
> > what's wrong wth "Post-Gres-QL"?
> >
> > I find it soooo simple to pronounce *shrug*
>
>     Mee  too.  And I'm not sure if anybody pronounces PG the same
>     way.  Is it PeeGee or PiG (in which case we'd have the  wrong
>     animal in our logo).

Actually, the one that gets me is those that refer to it as Postgres
... postgres was a project out of Berkeley way back in the 80's, early
90's ... hell, it was based on a PostQuel language ... this ain't
postgres, its only based on it :(

От: Lamar Owen
Сообщение: Re: Bug tracking (was Re: +/- Inf for float8's)
От: Lamar Owen
Сообщение: Re: Bug tracking (was Re: +/- Inf for float8's)