USE_SYSLOG ... useless? :)

От The Hermit Hacker
Тема USE_SYSLOG ... useless? :)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Just lookign through elog.c to see how I can improve logging, so taht I
can get more information from the backend.  We have the above mentioned
USE_SYSLOG in a few places:

pgsql% find . -name "*.[ch]" -exec grep USE_SYSLOG {} \; -print
#ifdef USE_SYSLOG
#ifdef USE_SYSLOG
#ifdef USE_SYSLOG
#ifdef USE_SYSLOG
./backend/utils/error/elog.c
#ifdef USE_SYSLOG
#ifdef USE_SYSLOG
#ifdef USE_SYSLOG
#ifdef USE_SYSLOG
#ifdef USE_SYSLOG
#ifdef USE_SYSLOG
#ifdef USE_SYSLOG
./backend/utils/misc/trace.c

But nowhere to actually define it (not even listed in config.h.in) ...

pg_options shows a 'syslog=2' capability, but, without SysLOG enabled, its
sort of useless ...

what I want to get is a PID/Timestamp in the log files ... suggestions?

Systems Administrator @ hub.org

От: darcy@druid.net (D'Arcy J.M. Cain)
Сообщение: Re: Re: It happened again: Server hung up solid
От: The Hermit Hacker
Сообщение: FindExec: found "/pgsql/bin/postgres" using argv[0]