Re: It happened again: Server hung up solid

От The Hermit Hacker
Тема Re: It happened again: Server hung up solid
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sun, 7 May 2000, Tom Lane wrote:

> The Hermit Hacker <scrappy@hub.org> writes:
> > Okay, this is with code of ~May 4th ... a 'psql' connection to the
> > database hangs solid.
>
> Do you mean you can't make a connection at all?  Is there any indication
> that the postmaster is lighting off a backend for you?  Since you show
> a couple of zombie backends hanging around, it would seem like a good
> bet that the postmaster itself is wedged and not responding to events,
> but I'm not sure.

This appears to be the case, but next time it happens I will make
double-sure of that ... considering that it was ~7pm at night when I
tried, my initial guess is that nothing is going through postmaster at the
time of hte hang ...

> Given that the file mod time is considerably before the hang (right?)
> the messages in it are probably unrelated.  It does seem odd that you
> have so many clients disconnecting ungracefully; what client apps are
> you running?

alot of dbi stuff, the search engine for udmsearch, some php ... the
server is currently serving ~12 databases for various clients ...

> Try killing the postmaster itself in such a way as to produce a coredump
> (kill -ABORT ought to do) and get a backtrace from that.  It might also
> be worth running the postmaster with connection tracing turned on (I
> forget the incantation for that, but it should be in TFM).

Will look at that one ...

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: It happened again: Server hung up solid
От: The Hermit Hacker
Сообщение: Re: It happened again: Server hung up solid