Re: [HACKERS] Features for next release

От The Hermit Hacker
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Features for next release
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, 8 Oct 1999, Tom Lane wrote:

> It seems people are thinking winter or early spring (northern hemisphere
> that is ;-)) for the next major release, and by then I think there will
> be enough cool stuff done that we can call it 7.0.  The only really big
> to-do item that no one seems to be committed to doing in this cycle is
> tuples bigger than a disk block, and maybe once the dust settles for
> long queries someone will feel like tackling that...
>
> I have another reason for calling it 7.0, which is that if we fix
> the function-call interface the way I want to, we will break existing
> user-written loadable modules that contain C-language functions.
> Better to do that in a "7.0" than in a "6.6", no?

Based on all the comments flyng around, v7.0 it is. to be released...some
day :)

Bruce, you asked for a v6.5.3 to be released...anything outstanding that
should prevent me from doing that tomorrow afternoon?

Systems Administrator @ hub.org

От: The Hermit Hacker
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Re: [GENERAL] Update of bitmask type
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: mdnblocks is an amazing time sink in huge relations