Re: [GENERAL] repost: unique composite index with boolean fields

От Dmitry Morozovsky
Тема Re: [GENERAL] repost: unique composite index with boolean fields
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Wed, 11 Aug 1999, Herouth Maoz wrote:

HM> > Could anybody advise me how can I create composite index for table when
HM> > one of key fields is of boolean type?
HM>
HM> Which version of PostgreSQL do you have? I'm not sure about 6.5, but in
HM> 6.4.2 type "bool" was not indexable.

Well, at least when I use 'char_ops' as a comparator, index HAS been
created and SEEMS to be workable -- but i've got no time to test it
thoroughly...

Just to remind: my solution was
'create unique index t_idx on t (intfield, boolfield char_ops);'

Sincerely,
D.Marck                                   [DM5020, DM268-RIPE, DM3-RIPN]
*** Dmitry Morozovsky --- D.Marck --- Wild Woozle --- marck@rinet.ru ***

От: "Dr. Nisai Wanakule"
Сообщение: psql hangs for database > 2GB
От: "Jonathan R. Karlen"
Сообщение: Creating a PGSQL database from a msql database