unique composite index with boolean fields

От Dmitry Morozovsky
Тема unique composite index with boolean fields
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hello there,

Could anybody advise me how can I create composite index for table when
one of key fields is of boolean type?

Schema is as follows:

create table test (indoor bool, pos int, name varchar(64) NOT NULL,
check (pos >= 0 and pos <=32000));

create unique index test_pkey on test (indoor, pos);

leads to error
ERROR:  Can't find a default operator class for type 16.

I use char_ops as type class -- is it correct?

Sincerely,
D.Marck                                   [DM5020, DM268-RIPE, DM3-RIPN]
*** Dmitry Morozovsky --- D.Marck --- Wild Woozle --- marck@rinet.ru ***

От: "Ross J. Reedstrom"
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] table does not exist
От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] What is R_PLANS?