Re: [HACKERS] Bug in LIKE ?

От Vince Vielhaber
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Bug in LIKE ?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, 7 Jun 1999, Thomas Lockhart wrote:

> > Sure there is: \%.  Of course, defaulting to ESCAPE \ rather than no
> > escape is not standards-compliant either, but it's a lot closer than
> > inventing a meaning for %% ...
>
> OK.

I thought I had seen something before about this.  In the Sybase 4.9
quick reference on page 21 it says:

To use %,_,[], or [^] as literal characters in a like match string rather
than as wildcards, use square brackets as escape characters for the
percent sign, the underscore and the open bracket.  Use the close bracket
but itself.  Use the dash as the first character inside a set of brackets.

like "5%"    5 followed by any string of 0 or more characters
like "5[%]"    5%
like "_n"    an, in, on, etc.
like "[_]n"    _n
like "[a-cdf]"    a, b, c, d, or f
like "[-acdf]"    -, a, c, d, or f
like "[[]"    [
like "]"    ]

Wildcards without like have no special meaning.

That help any?

Vince.
Vince Vielhaber -- KA8CSH   email: vev@michvhf.com   flame-mail: /dev/null      # include <std/disclaimers.h>
       TEAM-OS2       Online Campground Directory    http://www.camping-usa.com      Online Giftshop Superstore
http://www.cloudninegifts.com

От: Vince Vielhaber
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Re: [COMMITTERS] [WEBMASTER] 'www/html/docs Pg.pm.htmlfaq-dev-english.html faq-english.html faq-hpux.html faq-irix.h
От: Bruce Momjian