Re: alloca (was: Postgres Speed or lack thereof)

От The Hermit Hacker
Тема Re: alloca (was: Postgres Speed or lack thereof)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sun, 24 Jan 1999, Goran Thyni wrote:

> The Hermit Hacker wrote:
> > BUGS
> >      The alloca() function is machine dependent; its use is discouraged.
>
> Gain a big potential speed boost, loose some portability.
> I think most modern unices has a good alloca, DOS and Mac
> don't, but who's porting the server there?
>
> Any unices out there missing alloca?

Make you a deal...

You build the code such that "#ifdef HAVE_ALLOCA" is true, so that those
platforms that either don't support it, or have broken suport for it,
aren't affect, and you are most welcome to work on it...

Marc G. Fournier
Systems Administrator @ hub.org

От: Vince Vielhaber
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Postgres Speed or lack thereof
От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Re: alloca (was: Postgres Speed or lack thereof)