Re: [HACKERS] dynamic libraries

От Matthew N. Dodd
Тема Re: [HACKERS] dynamic libraries
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, 13 Oct 1998, Thomas G. Lockhart wrote:
> Well, I was proposing that you document how to use the -rpath/-R style
> of building the v6.4beta. If you can do that in the next few days then
> it can appear in the v6.4 docs. If not, then it will wait for sometime
> later.
>
> In either case, we aren't proposing to change the current methods, which
> are independent of loader configuration and options (for example, those
> installing into /usr/lib just need to reboot to get ldconfig run), but
> rather allowing you to document the way you would suggest doing it.

Well, for Solaris I've always added '-R' flags that correspond to the
various -L flags in the appropriate make files.  Since $(LIBDIR) is equal
to $(POSTGRESDIR)/lib which is the final installation directory it kind of
makes sense to use '-R' as we're only specifying additional linker search
directories as supplied to us by the user.  I suppose for Unixware we
could 'setenv LD_RUN_PATH $(LIBDIR)' or something.

--
| Matthew N. Dodd  | 78 280Z | 75 164E | 84 245DL | FreeBSD/NetBSD/Sprite/VMS |
| winter@jurai.net |      This Space For Rent     | ix86,sparc,m68k,pmax,vax  |

От: "Thomas G. Lockhart"
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] dynamic libraries
От: Terry Mackintosh
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] What about LIMIT in SELECT ?